Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ballet

So I must say, I am a fan of ballet. I have never actually been to a ballet, but the dancing and art is very beautiful. Last year, around this same time of year, I wanted to do some ballet portraits. After asking around, a good friend of mine introduced me to some awesome dancers. We ended up doing some studio shots, which at the time I thought were very awesome shots. We did end up with some fantastic results. The issue now I think was I was just starting out in learning studio lighting, and in general was still picking up on how to really shoot photography. I could produce results that were great, but after a years growth, I can do much better now.

Over the course of this past year, I have deaply studied using artificial lighting (small strobes and large studio lighting) in most all my work and balancing that light with ambient light when not in a studio situation, such as outside in sunlight. Now in most all my work I use studio strobes, whether I am inside or outside. And one reason I do this is because the light creates some very unique looks, and adds drama and emotion to the photo, much more then ambient light alone can do. Some refer to it as creative lighting. It can become quite a burden though somtimes when hawling all this equipment around. But its worth it.

So feeling I have grown quite a bit this past year in my style and in my knowlege, I decided to invite these two dancers back into the studio for some updated shots. I believe what we came up with was a hundred times better then last year! Now what do you think about these shots?







And here is another awesome thing! I am giving away a fine art print of one of the ones on a black background! A 16x20 mounted on hard gator board ready to be hung in your house! How do you win? Its pretty simple- Head over to my fan page on Facebook and hit the like button at the top if you have not already. Then hit the tab called suggest to friends, and suggest to your friends! Once my page gets to 225 likes a random genorator will select a number. When someone likes my page it puts them on the top of the list of people that liked my page, which in essence they are the "xx" person to like my page. If you were the 190th person to like my page, you will have the number 190. Thats where the random number genorator comes in. The number it choses will be whoever liked my page at that number. And that person is the winner and will recieve this fine art print! Good luck and thanks for stopping in!

No comments: