Thursday, February 4, 2010

35/365 man of mystery

Who ever said Austin Powers was the man of mystery never met me! Ha! JK. This picture was an idea spawned from the film genre "film noir". We watch one of these type of movies last night in my film class. If you dont know what this genre is, they were films made back around the 1950s that had to do with crime or some similar subject and were associated with a low-key black-and-white visual style (shadows). I wanted to do a Black and White that was visual like this. That gave way to imagination. So in this photo I left the left side of me dark and there is shadowing over my whole self. Leaving me...The Man of Mystery...

2 comments:

Brena and Jered said...

I really like this. You'll have to do more with this lighting.

Stephers said...

Cool!