Saturday, February 20, 2010

51/365

Today I had a portrait shoot and the family wanted to get some shots in the snow. So we drove up into the mountains where the snow was. But guess what? Despite the nice weather in the morning, and a bit of sunshine, it was snowing pretty hard by the time they had set for the shoot. But the family were champs and bared through it, and in result we ended up with some pretty great shots! I have done some shooting in the cold before, and luckily knew what being prepared for such a shoot would take. I had my snowboard coat on with the hood over my head along with an ear warmer band around my head. I had gloves on to keep my hands warm as I shot away. But this I learned because of a past shoot where I did not have any gloves and my hands froze. When you shoot you cant keep your hands in your pockets! One is holding the camera and the other is pushing the shutter button. So the past shoots I have done over this winter I have been prepared!

No comments: