Tuesday, January 5, 2010

5/365

Do you ever get those days where your ideas just dont work? I went outside to take a portrait, but the pictures just were not turning out how I wanted them to turn out. It was also cold and getting dark. So I decided to leave the outside portraits to maybe when it gets warmer and another day where my ideas may actually turn out alright. So I brought it inside and went down in the basement to my "studio". I purchased a pure white 53"x12yds seamless paper backdrop today. I decided to try to make the white look grey (without editing in photoshop or a similar program). I didnt know really how to do this, though I had an idea. As you can see in the picture the background is indeed grey. So here is my 5th day photo. I am holding a snoot pointed at my eye lit from the key light which has a beauty dish on it, doing this just for fun. It sure bothered me that nothing looked good to me outside today. It was just one of those days I guess. But there are other days right? Well 360 to be exact! We will get more creative as it warms outside hopefully. This picture was more of an exercise to me to try to see if I can do this type of picture. For the first time trying, its not so bad, but I will practice more as the days and months go on. Hope tomorrow will be a bit better for me and the photo. Thanks for reading! Follow, comment if you like, or if you have something to add or say! Thanks for reading. Here is the photo:

No comments: